For the academic year 2021/22 and this current academic year 2022/23 the school has received PE and Sports Premium Funding to promote and develop physical education and sports throughout the school and community for all children at St Oswald’s Catholic Primary school.
In the academic year 2021/22 the school received in funding: £17,760
This academic year 2022/23 the school will receive £17,860 in sports grant funding.
The school intends to fully spend the funding on the promotion of sports and physical activities for all children.
In line with revised DfE guidance we have and will continue to use the Primary PE and Sports Premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we offer
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining St Oswald’s in future years
In reviewing and evaluating our practice at St Oswald’s as recommended we have considered the 5 key indicators from DfE:
- Key Indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Key Indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key Indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key Indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key Indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
This funding was used in 2021/22 to purchase:
- ‘Progressive Sports’ coaches to work with staff and children
- New equipment. apparatus and resources
- WBC PE & Sport CPD & SLA
- Clubs and competitions
The impact of the funding to date has:
- Raised the confidence and ability of the teaching staff to improve and deliver quality lessons
- Improved children’s engagement, attainment and skill levels
- Promoted and raised the profile of PE and sports throughout the school and community
- Improved the assessment of PE
- Improved equipment and apparatus throughout the school
- Raised awareness, engagement and increased membership of local sports clubs, centres and activity and dance schools
- Increased participation in competitive sport
For the evaluation of the academic year 2022/23, please see the document below which was reviewed in July 2023.